The vision of CKA is to impact the world with an effective ministry program that encourages evangelism, discipleship and fellowship while achieving high standards in martial arts.
The Christian Karate Association strives to be the leading entity in a distinctly Christian sports environment.
Our mission is to promote a new revolutionary way to establish an effective outreach for churches and ministries through the use of Martial Arts.
We are dedicated to provide training and knowledge to our associates and work to continually develop our program with the goal to unite Christian martial artists around the world.
Being a part of CKA gives you the opportunity to start, establish and maintain an effective ministry with the support of an established association, with a large group of people for resources. Below you will find the major benefits we strive to provide to all of our leadership and students. As you continue on your journey with CKA we know that you will find many more benefits.
Large Support Group
A key benefit of being part of CKA is having a very large support group with online forums and discussion groups. If you have any problems or questions, you can find someone in our assocation that has the answers and experience to help you.
The CKA curriculum has been developed and tested over many years with the goal of allowing leaders and students to be able to see the steps along the path to black belt and know that nothing is left out or missed.
With CKA the term "Advertising" is not intimidating. With templates for business cards to fliers, a provided online we presence and active resources with new ideas, advertising your karate class is simple, easy and fun.
Whether your school is large or small, you will be able to associate with many other students and instructors across the world.
CKA is here to help you succeed. We offer multiple camps, seminars and tournaments throughout the year.
Our commitment to you is to provide all the tools necessary for you to start your journey and achieve your black belt and beyond. Training comes in the form of videos, hands on training, semiars, camps, web teachings and more.
CHRISTIAN KARATE TENETS OF FAITH
It is important to know what you believe and why. Listed below are the CKA Tenets of Faith that all CKA Instructors and schools agree on and teach.
We Believe that the Holy Spirit came forth from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; and to regenerate, sanctify and comfort and guide those who believe in Jesus Christ.
We Believe that all people are important to God and that He is not willing that any should perish.
We Believe that salvation is the gift of God, and is received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose atoning blood was shed on the cross for the forgiveness of sins. It is only through repentance and a personal relationship with Christ that a person has access to God. He is the only mediator between us and the Father.
We Believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We Believe that God designed marriage for humanity. As first described in Genesis and later affirmed by Jesus, marriage is a God-ordained, covenant relationship between one man and one woman.
STEPS OF SALVATION
Understanding the steps to becoming a Christian is very important especially as you will have the opportunity to teach others what it means to be a follower of Christ. Scripture says in 1 Peter 3:5:
"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have."
1. You must realize that you are a sinner and fall short of the God's Glory.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God." - Romans 3:23
2. Because we have fallen short of God's Glory, we deserve to die.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23
3. Believe that God loves you.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
4. Realize that God wants us to have a great life.
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." - John 10:10
5. You must have faith in Jesus Christ, believe that he is who he said he was, and confess with your mouth that he is the Lord of your life.
"If you confess with your mouth 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9
6. If we confess our sins, repent and turn from our sins, God will forgive us and make us clean.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - 1 John 1:9
7. After we do these things, we can be sure that we are His children.
"Yet to all who receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." - John 1:12
All Christian Karate Association Leadership abide by a strong ethical guideline. Listed below is the statement of professionalism and ethics that all leadership abide by:
As a Christian Karate Instructor and a minister of Jesus Christ, called by God to proclaim the gospel and gifted by the Spirit, I dedicate myself to conduct my ministry according to the ethical guidelines and principles set forth in this code of ethics, in order that my ministry be acceptable to God, my service be beneficial to the Christian community, and my life be a witness to the world.
Responsibilities to Self
- I will maintain my physical and emotional health through regular exercise, good eating habits, and the proper care of my body.
- I will nurture my devotional life through a regular time of prayer, reading of the Scriptures, and meditation.
- I will continue to grow intellectually through personal study, comprehensive reading, and attending growth
- I will manage my time well by properly balancing personal obligations, church duties, and family responsibilities, and by observing a weekly day off and an annual vacation.
- I will be honest and responsible in my finances by paying all debts on time, giving generously to worthwhile causes, and living a Christian lifestyle.
- I will be truthful in my speech, never plagiarizing another’s work, exaggerating the facts, misusing personal
experiences, or communicating gossip.
- I will seek to be Christlike in attitude and action toward all persons regardless of race, social class, religious beliefs, or position of influence within the church and community.
Responsibilities to Family
- I will be fair to every member of my family, giving them the time, love, and consideration they need.
- I will understand the unique role of my spouse, recognizing his or her primary responsibility is as marital partner and parent to the children, and secondarily as fellow worker for Christ.
- I will regard my children as a gift from God and seek to meet their individual needs without imposing undue expectations upon them.
Responsibilities to the Believers
- I will seek to be a servant-minister by following the example of Christ in faith, love, wisdom, courage, and integrity.
- I will faithfully discharge my time and energies through proper work habits and reasonable schedules.
- In my administrative and instructor duties, I will be impartial and fair to all students.
- In my teaching responsibilities, I will give adequate time to prayer and preparation, so that my presentation will be biblically based and clearly communicated.
- In my evangelistic responsibilities, I will seek to lead persons to salvation and to church membership without manipulating converts, proselytizing members of other churches, or demeaning other religious faiths.
- In my teaching and counseling practices, I will never be alone with 1 person of another sex unless another leadership member, student or parent is present nearby.
Responsibilities to Colleagues
- I will endeavor to relate to other instructors, especially those with whom I work with in my organization, as
partners in the work of God, respecting their ministry and cooperating with them.
- I will refuse to treat other instructors as competition in order to gain more students, receive an honor, or achieve statistical success.
- I will refrain from speaking disparagingly about the person or work of any other instructor.
- I will treat with respect and courtesy any instructor who visits my school.
- I will be honest and kind in my recommendations to inquiries from students and fellow instructors.
- If aware of misconduct by another instructor, I will follow the instructions given by Jesus in Matthew 18:15-17. As a final attempt to deal with the situation I will contact leadership at Headquarters and inform them of the incident.
- If I am aware of a serious misconduct of another instructor, I will immediately contact leadership at Headquarters and inform them of the incident.
Responsibility to the Community
- I will accept reasonable responsibilities for community service, recognizing this is a public ministry.
- I will support public morality in the community through responsible witness and social action.
- I will obey the laws of my government unless they require my disobedience to the law of God.
- I will practice Christian citizenship without engaging in political activities that are unethical, un-biblical, or unwise.
Responsibilities to my Organization
- I will love, support and cooperate with the CKA community of which I am a part, recognizing it's contribution to my ministry.
- I will work with my organization in its efforts to expand and extend the kingdom of God.
- I will follow the regulations, policies and principles directed by CKA.